What is Bootloader?
The bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. It is therefore not only a trait reserved for Android but also one that can find out all devices with an operating, be it a smartphone, a tablet, a PC, etc.
|MI 6||MI 6 X||MI 8||MI 8 SE||MI 8 EE||MI 8 LITE||MI 8 PRO|
|MI9 SE||MI MAX 3||MI MIX 2||MI MIX 2 S||MI PAD 4||MI NOTE 3||NOTE 7|
|NOTE 5 PRO||NOTE 5 A||NOTE 5 PRIME||REDMI 7||REDMI S2||REDMI 6 PRO||POCOPHONE|
Why Xiaomi or other company locked their device Bootloader?
Manufacturers lock the bootloader of their devices so that only the operating system installed on the device can be used. Not all brand acts in the same way either: some manufacturers release their smartphones with the bootloader already unlocked (to the delight of most computer geeks). Unlocking the bootloader allows you to install unauthorized software, this operation voids the warranty of your device.
Risks of unlocking Mi Devices?
- By unlocking the device you agree that this may bring changes to some parts of the system. These changes may damage the device.
- After the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data.
- Anyone can flash your device rom easily.
- Some features which require high-security level (e.g., Find device, banking apps, added-value services, etc.) will no longer be available.
What can I do after unlocking my device bootloader?
You can do anything after unlocking your device bootloader.
- Can Root your device.
- Can use custom kernels.
- Can enable Camera 2api & use GCam.
- Can use Titanium Backup.
- Can change your boot image & logo.
- Can install a custom recovery.
- Can use custom rom.
- Can flash your official rom & much more.
Can I Re-Lock my device bootloader?
You can do it by adb command or flash official rom by select "Clean all and lock" option.
Notice: Before unlocking backup your all data.
After Unlock Bootloader the phone will be reset to factory settings